FERESPE, founded in 1981, focuses on the production of technical parts for high performance applications, using the following alloys:
– Duplex, super duplex and super austenitic stainless steel
– Medium and low alloyed steel
– High alloyed cast iron
Exports about 90% of its production to several different industrial sectors and positions itself in a small and medium series niche market.
Quality, Environment and Safety Policy
FERESPE Quality, Environment and Safety Policy is directly connected with its Customers and to internal and external organizational environment. This is reflected in the Satisfaction of their Customers and other interested parties, including environmental protection and health and Safety working conditions for their employees.Read more
– FERESPE is founded by Eng. Jorge Macedo Casais.
– Initiates the production of white cast iron alloy and alloy cast steels.
Starts the production of low and medium alloy steel and stainless steel.
– ISO 9001 certification.
– Established several business relations with Netherlands, France, Austria, Belgium, Germany, UK, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, Italy, Norway, Spain, USA…
– Begins a selection of demanding markets such us Railway, Petrochemical, Papermaking pulp.
– Strengthening of relations with the knowledge centers (universities, technological centers, …).
– Supplying pieces with high added value on machining and sub-assembling.
– Qualifications and certifications in Railways and Energy, Oil & Gas market.
– FERESPE stands out both in a national and international level on the production of technical pieces in Super-Duplex Stainless Steel and Super-Austenitic Stainless Steel.
– Jorge Macedo Casais passed away.
– This early disappearance of such a charismatic leader did not cause disturbances in the company, due to his unique management qualities to foresee the future of the company were always there, the testimony was passed serene and carefully.
– Investment on the areas of molding and thermic treatments.
– Area reserved to the processing of Stainless Steel Casting.
– Offer a wider range of technical parts by investing in a casting unit “Investment Castings”.
– A PhD student in an industrial environment with the Oporto University – DEMM and the University of Texas at Austin in Super-Duplex stainless steel.
– The NORSOK qualification process initiated and concluded.
– Preparation of FERESPE for the market of castings Nuclear industry (only power generation, because FERESPE has the principle, since its genesis, to do not work with military industry).
Energy Market Qualification
Nuclear Market Certifications:
– KTA 1401
– ASME NCA 3800
Refining Cast Steel – project to develop the decarburization and desulfurization / dephosphorization methodologies.
Environmental certification concluded according NP EN ISO 14001:2015.
– Start of Investment Casting Production.
– Start of Heat Treatment Unit.